Thursday 27 February 2014

Photography Evaluation

Hello everybody. Seeing how it is my last day before half-term (though 13.02.2014 will be when I'll be coming to college just to finish of my blog post on Adobe Illustrator.) I will be doing my evaluation on what I did in photography over the last few months in college. So without further adieu, here's my photography evaluation.

With how my photographs have turned out, I think if I were hypothetically a famous photographer, both my photographs and my Photoshop made pictures, (of which I maybe proud of with how they turned out!) might probably be displayed at an art gallery for people to see and give analytical opinions on them.

Here are my pictures, displayed at the bottom.















As you can see, I went around the town of Blackburn and took pictures of all the everyday sights you would see everyday, for those actually from Blackburn who are reading this post. As for the last six pictures, I combined my pictures of the Blackburn cathedral and the BT tower that's near Blackburn University with Photoshop, and I had experimented with some of the various effects that were available to use so that I could manipulate the same picture in many possible ways.

Looking at some of the more colourful pictures, they actually have a bit of influence from Sandy Skoglund, whom if you may remember, was an photography artist that I had talked about in one of my previous blog posts.

For the sake of artist's research, here are some of her pictures so that some of you may get a better idea of what I'am talking about.







As you can imagine, my pictures had been made using similar methods to how Ms/Mrs Skoglund had made her photographs by using bright colours to give a very surrealistic and colourful atmosphere, which gives these pictures both a creative charm and it adds a nice flare to both her and my work.

The black and white copy of my original picture, underneath the more colourful pictures, has a bit of an old world photographic vibe, akin to the early 1900's mixed with a dab of Photoshop.

I have also made a few Panaramic pictures, (different photographs of a single place from different perspectives.) Here are my examples.

You might remember these pictures from my previous blog posts.What I have already explained to you before, I will have to explain again for the sake of this evaluation. So what I had done to create these pictures was that I had to go around town, take photographs of the same place from different perspectives, upload the pictures onto the computer, and use Photoshop to combine these pictures together like a jigsaw puzzle. They all came out alright, but I like the picture of the bank better because that picture, to me, was the picture that went really well in the process of of it's creation, especially the street area, because all the pieces really fit well together. But I will say however that the bottom picture maybe a little over exposed, and if I had the time to improve it, I would tone down the light to make it slightly darker, and make the picture more balanced in terms of quality. 

No comments:

Post a Comment