Wednesday 5 February 2014

Townscape Photography

Hello again everybody, this half term we are going to be looking at townscapes as part of this term's course. So to start my research I'am going to show you some examples of townscape photographers.
I will be showing you one picture per each photographer.

1.) William Eggleston

I like this photograph because it has a sort of 60's style due to how bright and old fashioned the colours are. The colours really jump out to the viewers. This photograph looks a lot like a painting that you would look at in a museum. It's really authentic looking isn't it?

2.) Alvin Coburn

This cityscape is interesting because not only is it black and white, but it is seen from an upwards perspective which is really nifty. I also think that it is amazing how the photographer was able to high enough to be able to take this picture in the first place. It's lack of colour gives this picture a nice touch.

3.) Harry Callahan


I think this Double Exposure (DE) photograph is interesting because one of the buildings looks really clear and the other looks like it's invisible and it is going through that building like a ghost going through a solid wall. In all seriousness this effect gives this picture a more surrealistic nightmare effect, at least in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment